Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Okay? Okay. Okay! OKAY!

The other day, Morgen called me after dinner. I was staring out the window in the family room, where Dante and Carlos were sitting.

Of course, Morgen and I were speaking English on the phone. She did most of the talking, so I was mostly saying "okay" over and over.

I turned around to look back at Carlos and Dante, and Dante had a huge grin on his face. He then started saying "Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay!" over and over again. He had no idea what he was saying.

Carlos was like: "Dante, sabes que significa okay? Es igual a vale, pero es la palabra en inglés." (Do you know what OKAY means? It´s the same as the word "vale", but in English)

Dante just kept repeating it over and over with a huge grin. It was super cute. Even when it started morphing into nonsense words, then eventually Carlos' nickname (koki). "Okay! okayokayokayokaykoh! kay! kayko! koki?"

No comments:

Post a Comment